Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two Cent Tuesday: Rubber

Two Cent Tuesday where I give my review of movies I have seen recently

I read about this movie in some independant film magazines I got at Sundance.  They praised this movie for being unique and creative.  So, I was excited to see that it was currently on Netflix Streaming. 

Rubber is about a tire who has a mind of its own.  He wakes up in the desert and starts rolling around. He realizes that he has these powers to blow things up with his mind.  He starts by blowing up glass bottles then moves on to a rabbitt.  When he gets to a hotel he watches some TV and when the maid throws him out of the hotel he blows her up too.  Then the police are on the case and begin to hunt him down.  The whole time there is this audience watching from a hill top with binoculars. 

Well it is fair say it is one of the most original movies I have seen recently unfortunately it is one of the worst movies I have seen in a while.  It starts off kind of cool with a guy explaing to this audience  that all movies don't make sense and things happen all the time for no reason.  Then the audience starts watching the movie with the viewer and making their own comments.  Up to this point the movie kind of works for me.  But it gets real boring real fast.  It basically is a tire rolling through the desert.  I kept falling asleep it was so boring. I kept waiting for something exciting to happen but nothing did.  I guess I expected some great chase sequences or some sort of action but nothing. 
When I was in college I was known for making people watch bad movies.  Glad I didn't make anyone else watch this one. It ranks up there as one of the worst movies I have seen.
Overall: F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This