Sunday, September 25, 2011

Listomania Sunday: 1999 Movies

 
This past week on my Best Picture Quest I watched American Beauty.  1999 was one of my favorite years especially for movies.  It was also the first year that I actually made a Top 10 list.  I was trying to find the original list but didn’t.  But here is my Top 5 movies from 1999 which I am pretty sure is very close to my original list. 
 
1.  The Matrix-One of the most original movies I have ever seen. Completely blew me away with the stunning visuals and crazy fight scenes.
2.  Fight Club- Violent and gruesome. Also a cool ending that I didn’t see coming.
3.  The Sixth Sense-Talk about endings I didn’t see coming. This movie was a complete surprise.
4.  Boys Don’t Cry-Never heard of Hilary Swank before this movie but it was a great movie made even more stunning by the fact it was based on true events.
5.  American Beauty- Something about this movie really spoke to me.  The dark story and superb acting made it one of the best of 1999 even if my dad hated it.
 
Like I said there were a lot of movies that year that I loved so here are a few others that didn’t quite make the top 5.
10 Things I Hate about You, The Blair Witch Project,  Cruel Intentions, Dogma, The Mummy, and Galaxy Quest. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This