Sunday, September 18, 2011

Listomania Sunday: Worst Movies I made my wife watch

 
So tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I thought I would dedicate todays list to my wife.  When we were in college together I had a reputation of picking the worst movies.  So here is the list of the worst movies that I made my wife watch.  This list does not include movies that we saw at Sundance because there were some really bad ones that we saw there. 
 
1.  Buffalo 66 – This movie was so bad I couldn’t even watch it.  I fast forward through some of it because of how boring and mind numbing it was.
2.  Limbo – As I was getting into independent films this was one of the first ones I rented.  It was extremely boring. In fact I am not even sure she watched the whole thing, I think she went and took a shower came back and asked what happened and I had to tell her nothing.  Nothing happened at all.
3.  I Still Know What You Did Last Summer – This was actually the first movie I saw with her before we started dating. We went with a large group of friends.  And the movie was pretty bad. Not sure how we got her to go because she refuses to see horror movies with me now. 
4.  Rules of Attraction-Figured my wife being a big fan of Dawson’s Creek we would check out one of James Van Der Beek’s first post Dawson’s movies.  But I guess being based on a book by the same author as American Psycho I should have known it was going to be weird, but I had no way of knowing it was going to be bad. 
5.  Ravenous – Between Buffalo 66 and Limbo Ravenous completed the string of really bad movies in a row.  What sounded like a cool concept was just really bad.  Not sure if it would have made the list if it wasn’t part of the memorable string of really bad movies. 
 
These are the ones I consider some of the worst ones we have seen.  There are movies that I thought were great that she hated. The most notorious one is Fight Club.  Also, Crash from 2005 she hated but I loved.  I was trying to get her to write her own list but so far have not been able to convince her. 
There are tons of other bad movies I made other people watch (especially my mom, sorry for all the bad ones I made you watch) so if any of you are reading this post what ones you consider bad that I made you watch. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This