Sunday, November 27, 2011

Listomania Sunday: Best Nanny Movies



Well our Nanny starts this week and got me thinking about the Best Movies with a nanny in it.  Here is my list.

1.  Mary Poppins- Nothing else could be on top. Only the coolest nanny imaginable.  Not only does she have a magic bag but she sings too. 
2.  Mrs. Doubtfire- Well if you can’t have a magic bag you might as well have one of the funniest nannies. 
3.  The Hand that Rocks the Cradle-  Well if you are looking for your evil nanny this is the movie for you. Rebecca De Mornay give a chilling performance as a crazy nanny. 
4.  Adventures in Babysitting-While technically not a nanny movie it is one of the best babysitting movies. Although I wouldn’t want her to take my kid on that kind of adventure but when I was a kid it seemed like a lot of fun.
5.  The Pacifier- This also might be pushing what can be considered a nanny movie but for some reason Vin Diesel as a nanny was just fun to watch. 

The biggest debate I had with myself while making this list was about Arthur.  IMDB has the remake of Arthur listed as a Nanny movie but not the original.  Which got me thinking while technically Hobson in the original was a butler and not a nanny he definitely performed a lot of the same duties.  So if you consider Arthur a nanny movie that would definitely be high on the list. The original not the remake which I haven’t seen but looks really bad.    

v>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This