Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Hurt Locker

Just watched The Hurt Locker again. First time since I first saw it over the summer. Forgot how intense the movie was. Really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Never a dull moment. I really hope it beats Avatar for best picture, director and editing. The editing is what keeps the intensity up. While Avatar has great effects and will win all of the technical awards it hard for me to say it was a great movie. I really think that once people see it on DVD and without the 3-D effects it will appear as just another so-so sci-fi movie, groundbreaking yes but great no. Whereas the Hurt Locker no matter if you watch it on screen or TV its still intense and gripping. And to me thats what makes a movie Best Picture material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This