Monday, March 1, 2010

First Post and Best of 2009

Welcome to my new blog. I have never done this before but figured would give it a try. My goal is to watch all the movies that have won best picture from the first to the latest. I have seen most of them before but it will be fun to see the ones I haven't seen in a long time. Trying to do this while working is a challenge and my wife isn't sure this is a great idea but I will try to make updates every other week. I will also review other movies I see and share whatever other thoughts that rattle around my head.
To start off I thought I would let you know what kind of movies I like by sharing what I thought were the best movies of 2009.

1. Precious-One of those movies that make you saw WOW after watching it. Such a powerful story. Really takes you into the mind of a troubled teen and her dysfunctional family.

2. The Hangover -The funniest movie of the year.

3. District 9-a movie that felled completely fresh even though alien invasion movies have been around for a long time. Made a social statement while keeping you entertained.

4. (500) Days of Summer-Very original romantic comedy. Wish it would have got some love from the Academy Awards

5. Paranormal Activity-Definitely the scariest movie of the year. Very suspenseful and creepy.

6. The Hurtlocker-Intense look at life of soldiers on a bomb squad in Iraq. Movie about a war without making a political statement. Very tough to do.

7. Taking Chance-was never released in theatres but saw it at Sundance was a great movie. Did get picked up and and shown by HBO. Great movie if anyone gets a chance to see it.

8. The Lovely Bones-Was really surprised how good it was. Did get the best reviews but I really liked it. Very good movie.

9. Inglourious Basterds-Quentin Tarantino at his best. Action, violence, suspense. What more do you need.

10. The Fantastic Mr. Fox-Another movie that I wasn't expecting to like. But it was a fun little
movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This