Sunday, March 27, 2011

Listomania Sunday: Baseball Movies


With opening day just a week away I thought a list of my favorite baseball movies would be appropriate.

1.  The Sandlot-a sentimental favorite.  Reminds me of playing baseball in my backyard as a kid.
2.  Field of Dreams-  A feel good magical baseball movie. An instant classic.
3.  A League of their Own-"There's no crying in baseball" some great stuff in this movie. Tom Hanks and Gena Davis are both great in this one.
4.  The Natural- Another feel good magical baseball movie. Just recently saw this for the first time but it was great. How can you go wrong with Robert Redford. 
5.  Fever Pitch-While not a movie about baseball exactly it is about a baseball fan. I love this movie because it feels so true. Some Boston fans really are that obsessive. And I think that Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore were great in it. 

The one movie that is noticeably missing that usually makes the top baseball movies is Bull Durham. I still have never seen the movie so that's why it is not on my list.
The other movies that came close are Major League, The Rookie, The Bad News Bears and 61*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This